It’s true that women use many cosmetic products in order to look beautiful every day, but there’s no makeup like a beautiful smile.
If you want your teeth to be white and healthy, you’ve probably thought about trying different types of treatments, but just didn’t know which one of them will be more suitable for you.
Well, no worries: read the following article and you’ll find out more about how to whiten your teeth at home or at a dental practice.
Ask a dentist to whiten your teeth
The procedure can only be performed under specialized supervision. After a short chat with the dentist, you’ll both establish the white shade that is safe to go for. Before the actual whitening process, it is recommended that you have your teeth polished in order to remove stains and prevent cavities.
Unfortunately, whitening your teeth at a dental practice can be quite pricey, but the results are amazing. This process consists of a 40-60 minutes technique through which the dentist applies a peroxide gel on your teeth and directs the light from a special lamp to your teeth area.
Whiten your teeth at home
There are many products that can be bought online and promise to work miracles on your teeth. However, before ordering any of them, talk to your dentist and find out which one is best for you. This way, you’ll make sure nothing bad will happen and you’ll avoid spending money on ineffective products.
This procedure requests that you wear a pair of prosthetic gums, made after your own teeth, in which the doctor injects a whitening gel. You will fix these objects on your teeth and keep them on for at least 8 hours, which means that you’ll probably have to leave them on overnight. Fortunately, this method is less expensive, but the results will also be less impressive.
Teeth whitening remedies
If your teeth are turning yellow and you’d really like to change that, but you are also low on cash, there are a few natural remedies that may come in handy. The advantages are: you’ll save time and money and you won’t have to leave the house in order to have them done. In case you didn’t know, some of these remedies are also recommended by dentists after a chemical whitening procedure. This being said, you may want to try one of these remedies:
– Apple vinegar – apply a few drops of it on your toothbrush and brush your teeth for a few minutes. Rinse off with cold water. For better results, repeat this action every day.
– Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this composition to your teeth using a cotton disk. Let it work for a minute and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Don’t leave it on any longer or it will affect the bone structure and even break the enamel.
– Prepare a basil decoction as follows: take two basil leaves, add a cup of water and simmer it for 15 minutes. Then boil these ingredients for a few minutes, take the recipient off the oven, and wait for another 15 minutes. Rinse your teeth with this decoction several times a day.
What you need to know about teeth whitening procedures
– They are not recommended for pregnant women, children under 13, and people who are on medical treatment.
– The results can be different from one case to another, which is why some people will have very white teeth, while others won’t be able to notice any improvement.
– If you’re going to have your teeth whitened by a dentist, the results can last up to 2-3 years.
– Smoking, drinking, drug use, and unbalanced nutrition can harm your teeth and make the whitening results disappear in just a couple of months.
– When getting older, your teeth will also tend to become yellow, so make sure you use adequate toothpaste and a good toothbrush.
If you never want to stop smiling again, this is your chance: pick one of these methods, whiten your teeth and let everybody know how proud you really are off your teeth. Good luck!