Ladies, are there any of you who doesn’t want to be forever young? Well, we’d like to look our best all the time, not just in our twenties and this is why we are doing our best to preserve our soft and flawless skin. First of all, there are a few rules you must follow in order to make sure that there are no toxic or unsanitary substances left on your face:
- Always remove the makeup before going to sleep. You can either use special wipes or prepare a natural lotion, with olive oil and chamomile extract, but make sure to avoid the eye area.
- Apply a good moisturizer before going to bed and once more before applying your makeup, in order to provide some sort of protection against blackheads and other skin problems.
- Once a week, apply a natural face mask, which can be prepared at home. You can pick one of these.
- Scrub your entire body twice a week, using gentle scrubs, or twice a month, if your scrub has a very harsh action.
- Always use sunscreen before going out, even if the weather is cold. Due to global warming, the UVs are strong all the time, not just during summer.
- Take good care of your feet and hands as well, because, no matter if your face looks perfect, the skin in these areas will always tell your real age. Apply a considerable amount of cream whenever you have the chance: in the morning, in the evening, or between tasks at work.
And now let’s get to the actual ageless beauty techniques. Aside from exfoliating your skin as often as you can, there are a few natural remedies that can be used as well:
- Use natural oils to preserve the softness of your skin. You can either buy these products from a trusted provider or prepare them yourself at home, by boiling a cup of sunflower oil with a handful of different plants.
- Prepare a wide range of plant extracts at home by macerating freshly picked herbs in alcohol (like vodka, for example). You can use them as antiseptic solutions, whenever you are dealing with a cut, a bruise, or an open wound. Just make sure you don’t pour too much on the affected area or you may cause unnecessary burns.
- Use salt when taking a bath. Sometimes, there are skin problems that we aren’t even aware of. The salt may sting a bit, but it will also enhance the healing process. Plus, it will also help eliminate toxins from your skin, especially if you’ve been exposed to smoke, kitchen steam, and so on.
- Only take pills if you really have to. Recent studies have proved that medication ages the liver and trigger a chain reaction that always leaves marks on our faces. For example, those dark circles under your eye may be a sign of a health problem and not a skin ailment. If you’ve been using cosmetic products for a while and nothing worked for you, talk to a specialist as soon as possible.
- Take good care of your hair as well: trim it every three months, dye it using natural pigments and use a natural hair mask once a week. Try to use the flat iron or the curler as rarely as possible and go for braids instead.
If you think about it, ageless beauty is not something impossible to achieve, but it does require a lot of time and attention. Aside from the tips and tricks described above, we also like to drink teas in order to enhance our immunity. Plus, you should eliminate all acid foods and drinks from your dietary habits. Follow these simple rules and you’ll never show your age! Remember: stay healthy, stay positive!