Stress is described as a problem concerning your nervous system due to mental exhaustion, nervousness, and a lack of sleep. Usually, stress manifests through severe headaches, panic, bad mood, and agitation.
The main causes are work problems, excitement about an important upcoming event, a breakup, and so on. There are many types of pills prescribed for this problem, but why burden your liver with all the chemicals when you can just turn to nature’s amazing benefits? Without further talk, let’s see what you should do in order to avoid stress and anxiety.
You may be a bit skeptical about this, but teas are a proven remedy for these problems, so don’t say no until you’ve tried them. You can choose from the following:
- Lavender tea – rich in antioxidants, tannins, vitamins, minerals, and volatile oils, this amazing tea will help you get a goodnight’s sleep and calm your nerves. Fortunately, lavender plants can be bought at any herbal shop. Just boil a cup of water with a teaspoon of lavender and drink it while hot, in order to please both your taste buds and your nostrils.
- Chamomile tea – of course, everyone has it in their homes, but how many of you know about the great health benefits of this amazing decoction? Aside from its benefits involving your stress and anxiety struggles, chamomile tea has proven its efficiency in cases of stomach pain, nervousness, cough, burns, allergies, insect bites and the list goes on.
- Brahmi tea – although it’s pretty hard to find this tea, if you do, hold on to it! Drink a cup of it every day, until you feel that the tension disappeared completely. If you are also dealing with indigestion, memory problems, asthma, and epilepsy, Brahmi tea is the one to give you a hand. Just make sure you don’t drink too much of it or you risk encountering diarrhea and other digestive tract problems.
They say that nothing says I love you like a nicely cooked meal. Well, declare all your love and support to your body by eating the right foods. If you are feeling down, don’t turn to pills and rush off to the grocery store instead:
- Strawberries – these deliciously looking fruits contain ten times the amount of vitamin C found in lemons and since vitamin C is a natural antioxidant, you’ll feel energized in a second! Our advice is to eat the strawberries as they are because if you cook them, they will lose most of their nutritional value.
- Apricots – thanks to their content of sugars, apricots will give you strength and an energy boost within minutes. And no, you don’t have to worry about getting a sugar rush, because it’s not going to be the case. Do you know what else is great about apricots? They can work miracles on your skin, so don’t hesitate to add them to your natural face masks.
Other tips and tricks
- Go for a walk and stay away from the malls! When exercising in nature, your brain receives a high dosage of oxygen good for your entire body. You’ll be pumped up on optimism and happy thoughts or at least you’ll get to enjoy the little things a lot more.
- For a healthier life, save an hour every day for your favorite thing. The important thing about this is that, during this hour, you have to do something new, meet new people or reconnect with someone you’ve lost track of. Anything to avoid your daily worries.
If none of these work, see a specialist and make sure there’s nothing else going on with you except stress and anxiety. Stay healthy, stay positive and the world will be a better place!